There are a variety of options for accommodation for GIN Singapore.
- Green Accommodation – Stamford American International School will open its doors to a limited number of students on campus, allowing us to participate in the philosophy of making change while providing a more economical option for visiting delegates. (Sorry – this accommodation is FULL and not accepting any more.)
- Anglo-Chinese School (ACS) Oldham Hall – ACS is a boarding school located in Singapore, located not far from Stamford. It offers basic, clean facilities for conference attendees.
- V Hotel is offering a group rate for conference attendees. Please reference Stamford or GIN Conference when booking.
Please pack appropriately for a two-day conference. You will be outside covered areas at times during the conference – especially during Friday Activities. Since the weather in Singapore can be a bit unpredictable, we also encourage you to be prepared for wet conditions by bringing:
- an umbrella / raincoat.
- Please also bring a hat and sunscreen in case it gets too sunny.
- All of this can be organized in a backpack to be carried around with you during the different events.
- Singapore is known for its cleanliness and lack of bugs compared to other countries around but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t around. Please consider bringing a small bottle of insect spray for some of the off-campus activities.
- Bring your own Water Bottle – it can be refilled at school. Make sure to put your name and school on it so we can return it to you if it is lost.
- Closed-toed shoes are suggested for the Friday Activities. (Tennies, Takkies, Sports shoes, etc. – no flip flops or sandals. Keens ok)
- Comfortable clothes for a tropical climate. This might include sports wear – shorts, t-shirts generally.
- Paper – pens – pencils – or BYOD. If you are bringing your own device, no problem, you can take notes that way. Don’t forget a charger and an adapter. You will be responsible for your own devices throughout the conference. Please assess this with your chaperones before arriving.
Packing List for Green Accommodation:
- Sleeping Bag
- Body Soap
- Other Personal/Sanitary Essentials